The Human Resources and Human Resources Development and Development Agency (BPSDM) of the Ministry of Environment and Forestry conducts guidance on five State Forestry Vocational Schools and around 26 other Vocational Schools that have forestry majors under the Ministry of Education and Culture in the context of the formation of intermediate technical personnel in the field of forestry who are skilled, reliable, and ready work.
The Forestry Vocational School LKS which took the theme ‘Advanced Foresters of Indonesia Advanced’ to support the government’s commitment in human resource development that focuses on the development of vocational education.
Forestry Vocational School Student Competency Competition (LKS) is a showcase of the ability of Forestry Vocational School students across Indonesia in mastering four areas of expertise competency, namely Competency Competency in Forest Inventory and Mapping Techniques (TIPH), Forest Product Production Engineering (TPHH), Reclamation Engineering and Forest Rehabilitation (TRRH), and Resource Conservation Techniques (TKSDH).
1. LKS Forestry Vocational School is a media to hone the ability to master the field and build the character and the fighting spirit of students
The LKS is also a means to bring together Forestry Vocational Schools with the business world and the industrial world (DUDI), government agencies and other potential partners. In addition, this worksheet is also a media to hone the ability to master the field and build the character and fighting spirit of students of the Forestry Vocational School.
The purpose of LKS activities is as follows.
– Providing a vehicle for students of Forestry Vocational School to hone a positive, productive, creative, innovative character, and love for nature and the environment;
– Motivating Forestry Vocational School students to improve their expertise in accordance with competency standards that can attract business and industry interests;
– Promote student work performance and improve the image of Forestry Vocational Schools;
– Opening opportunities for more intensive cooperation between the Forestry Vocational School and the business / industrial world (DUDI), professional associations, and various other parties;
– Provides a means of developing and recognizing work excellence for students of Forestry Vocational School who have competency.